Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memory Mobile

I made this out of objects that we found at the beach this summer. While I was making it I was brought back to each time and place where it was discovered. And now we have something lovely to look at that reminds us of our adventure.








Materials:
seashells, sand dollars, beach glass, snake grass, mossy stick, cotton pearl thread, beading wire, beads, our memories.

You can turn any outing into a Memory Mobil , a walk around the block, a hike, road trips. Collecting objects helps you become more aware of your surroundings and then you have something that will trigger your senses and conjure up a memory.

*This project was inspired by and is dedicated to my dear friend Sage who once gave me a Memory Mobile.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally, just about burst into tears reading this! We have had some really great times together haven't we! I will always cherish our beach days as some of the best most carefree times of my life! I am so happy to see you making memory mobiles and isn't it gorgeous! You have inspired me to make one this summer too, a mountain/ desert mobile! Thanks and miss you.

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Wow thats really pretty!

Amy said...

What a beautiful way to preserve such beautiful memories. I am bookmarking it for my notebook!!

Rachel said...

So pretty!

Mandi @ Life Your Way said...

Wow – this is beautiful! What a great idea!

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

Thank you guys!

I forgot to mention that I've entered this in the Summer Doldrums Contest over at Dabbled

Roxanne said...

This is so beautiful!! What an amazing idea. Makes me think about all the "stuff" we bring home in a whole new way!

bunzi said...

so so so pretty and thoughtful! :) i like it.

Ginger said...

I love the idea of this .Way to always have those carefree days .
Thank you so much you inspired me to make something lovely.
hugs ginger

Diane Gilleland said...

What a cool idea! Great way to preserve a memory.

mushroommeadows said...

wow! I love this idea! and I love yours turned out! VERY beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

great idea! you've totally helped me too - now i know what to do with my lil keepsakes i've been saving from vacations. thanks!!

Michie said...

I love this - it is beautiful.

Susan said...

That is so nice, what a great rememberance. It made me laugh though when I thought about what our mobile would look like from our last beach visit- 1 ladies shirt, 1 pair of men's shorts, no button, a butterfly net and a pair of goggles. rofl Oh, and about 100 petrified sharks' teeth. It was a great trip, any longer and we'd need bigger closets.

Love your blog, thanks for sharing!

Susan