Thursday, July 24, 2008

Before & After and What Sticky Notes Are For

Before:

We don't have a dishwasher, so our counter looks like this, often. Most of them are rinsed and ready to be washed, but it can still be overwhelming.

After:

20 minutes later I had them all done. I forget how much you can accomplish in 20 minutes. Now I'm all ready to make bread and then dinner. So, the cycle starts again.


The kids got a hold of a sticky note pad and now the house is covered. The ones on the door actually have little scribbles on them, messages of some sort.


These must be for a splash of color. Funny thing is that they are still there, I haven't cleaned them up. But what can I do with them now? They can't be re-stuck together, they might as well be enjoyed for a bit longer. Maybe I'll start writing my lists on them, this could be my new system!

4 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

I don't have a dish washer either, so I feel your pain.

The sticky notes are hilariously cute!!! :)

Roxanne said...

Ugh. I hate doing the dishes. Our previous home didn't have a dishwasher. I absolutely hated it. It would always surprise me how quick I could get them done when I actually did it.

Love the post-its! they are pretty much useless now, you're right. Sydney has done this too and I tried to stick them back together so she could use the same ones over again, but somehow it lost it's charm. Probably because I said it was okay. Kids. :)

Anjeanette said...

Well I DO have a dishwasher and my sink is still usually full. I never enjoyed doing dishes.

What kind of bread did you make? Do you have a good recipe to share? I am needing to make some. I can't find bread without high fructose corn syrup that the kids like from the stores. Guess it is time to start making my own.

Love the post-its!

bunzi said...

very very cute! reminds me of the story of Clive Wearing with the 7 second memory or memento (the movie) but way sweeter :D.. They can't rememember things so leave notes everywhere... :)