Monday, March 31, 2008

Home Again, Home Again...

Here are some pictures of the kids on the ride. We rigged up some lap trays from IKEA so they could have a nice surface to play on. It worked rather well!


Robots and notebooks, the perfect combination.


I'm trying to get us back into the swing of things, getting up, getting dressed, getting out of the house.

I also started on a reversible wrap skirt from a pattern in Craft Magazine. I bought the material while at my mom's and wanted to get started on it right away. The green reminds me of Starry Night by Van Gogh and I love the delicate leaves on the grey.



This has proven to be quite the undertaking. I had to print 49 pages for the pattern, piece them together, tape them and then change the width since it is sized for a 30 inch waist. I don't have a 30 inch waist!

Thoughts of running to a fabric store and buying a different pattern crossed my mind, but I persevered. If all goes well, my efforts will be rewarded with a cute skirt and a pattern that I can use over again.

I'm learning that sewing is the easy part, getting the pattern and the material ready is the hard part!

No comments: