Thursday, April 3, 2008

Signs of Spring

We moved into our house in the middle of December, so when Spring came, I was thrilled to discover that our back yard was filled with lilac trees. My grandparents had a row of lilac bushes lining their yard, I have such great memories of playing there. Lilac has always been one of my favorite scents and I'm sure it's because of those fond memories.


I discovered these buds yesterday and I'm crazy with anticipation.




Another sign of spring, our Buff Orpington has gone broody. Poor girl wants to hatch some chicks. She's the most instinctual of our hens, so I'm not surprised by her behavior, but I don't quite know what to do. I feel bad knowing that her efforts are all in vain.


Here's one of our other girls trying to squeeze her out so she can lay an egg.

On another note, we are still trying to get back into the groove after our Easter vacation. Wren really misses having his dad around all day, it's so nice how much he loves his dad!

So, this week has been more about getting through it than getting caught up. I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to devote to me!

3 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

Buff Orpington is your chicken's name? It's an awesome name! How did you come up with it?

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you and the kids! I have been behind schedule on life as well.... but I tried your almond butter dinner finally... LOVE LOVE! Anyhow, miss you as always xoxox Sage

Anonymous said...

I love your girls I wish i had the time and extra energy to love some girls of my own... I have been talking about chicken since before Reese was born... And the talk continues!