Friday, August 8, 2008

Ta Da!


This green bunny was given to Violet's now 3 yr old friend yesterday. The two of them were giving the bunnies shoulder rides around the park and pushing them in the swing. Super cute!





I made a couple of changes with green bunny. I thinned out the arms and legs by decreasing earlier and attached the arms a tad lower than at the neck. The ears are a big difference, I made them wider and attached them facing out. I used felt to make green bunny's face and attached it on with permanent fabric glue. I found it is hard to embroider much detail directly onto the crochet stitches.

To make the bunnies, I used this basic amigurumi pattern from Crochet Me and just adapted the arms and legs and made up the ears. If anyone would like me to go into more detail about my changes, please let me know and I'd be happy to!

It really doesn't take long to make, it is only single crochet stitches in the round. You can take this pattern and make what ever you dream up.

10 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

These are adorable! Now I want to spend the day making amigurumi...

SquishyCuteStuff said...

I wish someone would teach me to crochet! Amigurumi is so awesome! ps... I can't wait for you to post that bread recipe! ♥

Anjeanette said...

Oh these are adorable. I need to learn how to crochet better and I'd love to learn how to knit.

mushroommeadows said...

That's awesome; I can totally image them bunny-back riding the cute amigurumi!

bunzi said...

*squeal* so cute! :) i love the little green bunny's shade of color. :)

you did a nice job!

SquishyCuteStuff said...

Does anyone know of a good Internet tutorial to learn to crochet? If so, please let me know! I bought an amigurumi book this weekend, and would love to learn how to do this cute-craft!

Anonymous said...

Great another craft to lust over! I'd like to say I have no interest to learn to crochet, but that would be a lie. Cause every time you post one of these little sweeties I think, " I wanna do that".

And someday we'll see those chicken yet!

melissa said...

Adorable! I especially love the changes you made on the green bunny.

Amy said...

I want to learn to crochet next so I can make some of these. He is so darn cute!

thetinylittlegirl said...

oh i love them!!!