Sunday, February 10, 2008

Meet the Girls

We decided to get chickens when we bought our house last year. They are quite fun and now they are laying eggs!

Say 'hello' to (from the bottom up) Fast Forward Ruby, Red Hot Mama, and Rosie Schmosie.




This is Red Hot Mama coming up to see if what I have in my hand is food. She is quite the nosy one and is always the one who pecks at the kids and makes them cry! Ouch.




And here is a nice shot of Fast Forward Ruby. I know, you are trying to figure out that name. You see, originally we had 3 Rhode Island Reds and one was name Ruby Vroom. Well, Ruby turned out to be a rooster and we had to replace him with this nice golden colored Buff Orpington. I was pushing for 'Honey' or 'Sunshine', but Wren just couldn't let go of Ruby and deemed her 'Fast Forward Ruby'. I'm sure there is some sort of logic in that name, I'm still trying to get it.




And here are the eggs. We get 2-3 a day. I'm having a hard time getting a good shot of them, sorry this is fuzzy!


I like the oblong shaped one.

1 comment:

Helen Hall said...

You and Connie should talk chickens! She has some that lay blue eggs.