Thursday, February 21, 2008

Make Your Own Pizza Night

A while back, our friends had us over for dinner where we each got to make our own pizza. What a great idea! We have adopted the tradition and do it quite often. Especially since we use this wonderful white whole wheat pizza dough recipe from 101 Cookbooks. This recipe was adapted from Peter Reinhart's Napoletana Pizza Dough recipe. The white whole wheat works wonderfully in pizza dough. I'm not a big fan of regular whole wheat used in pizza dough, it stands out too much.



It's really quite fun. The kids usually use the same toppings every time, but I love trying something new. For one that turned out especially delicous, I prebaked the crust for 5 minutes and then spread the entire crust with a thin layer of chevre. Then I put on some pizza sauce, kalamata olives and roasted redbell peppers.



The recipe makes enough dough for my family to have pizza twice in one week. Next time I think I will use half the dough and make bread sticks for another meal to see how that turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the kids like the dough and they get to make hilarious shapes like hearts and irregular circles.