Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Perfect Shade Of Blue

The yarn: Cash Iroha Sage Blue, a silk, wool, cashmere blend. I fell in love with the color, the sheen, its soft feel.



The pattern: Swirls Cap by Sophia Kessinger, a free crochet pattern on Ravelry. The pattern is written well with plenty of pictures and step by step instructions. I needed to do some adjusting to fit my gauge and didn't have any trouble making it work.



I love detail on the hat, the puckered swirls, the belt across the brim.



And I love yarn. It has such a nice feel to it, the blend is a perfect mix of luxury and practicality. It is fun to splurge sometimes!

6 comments:

Anjeanette said...

That is so cute! I LOVE the buttons and the details. I wish I could knit. Very cute, you talented lady!

Diane Gilleland said...

That's absolutely adorable on you! And beautifully-made!

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

It is actually crochet, you should make it Pollyanna.

Thanks Sister DG!

Nicki said...

love, love, love it

Linnea said...

I love this hat! You did a great job! I wish I could crochet! I love the button you chose. It is perfect on you!

Alishia said...

You made this? Oy! I can barely do a row.